Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Baked Tofu

I've never made tofu before, but I have tried it & to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan. It doesn't have a lot of taste (actually I didn't recall it having any taste) and it's texture is like a cooked egg. At a recent Weight Watcher's meeting, our leader demonstrated cooking Tofu on a skillet and it got Ryan and I kind of interested. It has so little points ( 3 WW+ for 3 oz) and is very minimal on calories, that we decided to give it a try. Did I mention it's super cheap? One block of it, which fed both Ryan & I and had enough for a left over for lunch, only cost us .. are you ready for it? $2.99! That's great. 
While on pinterest the other day, I came across a baked tofu recipe, so we decided to give it a try. We substituted the soy sauce for a low sodium teriyaki marinade simply because we didn't have any soy sauce at home, and I didn't have any paprika either... Oh well, it was still DELICIOUS! It turned out crispy & just delicious. We served it over a bed of brown rice. Try it out! Here's the link with the recipe. 



I'm a happy gal :)



You know what's nice about loosing all of this weight? Is the fact that I get to buy new clothes and actually have fun shopping :) Here's a hefty bag full of all of my way-too-big scrubs. Seriously, I tried them on and it was comical. It looked like I could be on the biggest loser. I wish! At least they would buy me a new wardrobe, right? Giving these to a friend and getting them out of the house because this chick will NOT be fitting into these sizes again. I'm here to stay.... this way..... only 20 lbs thinner :)


1 comment:

  1. I'd love to try the recipe you used with your tofu.

    ReplyDelete