Tuesday, November 27, 2012

New Year's Goal- Update!



Yep, you read that correct! I only have FIVE... MILES... LEFT!!!
As most of you readers know, my goal as of January 1, 2012 was to run 365 miles in 365 days. When the new year started, I was NOT a runner. I had lost my weight by then (mostly by diet--- abs are made in the gym ;) & had just started to incorporate cardio into my routine after most of my weight was already shed. 
When you're heavier, everything is harder, especially CARDIO! It sucks to run while you feel yourself jiggling around... it's flat out DISCOURAGING!!!! But, you need to keep your eye on the prize and focus on the POSITIVE, which is YOU DOING CARDIO! Who cares if you think the skinny ultra ripped woman next to you is thinking "what in the heck is this girl doing?" More than likely she probably hasn't even noticed you, or if she has, she's probably thinking "you go girl!" Maybe she was in your shoes at one time?
I began my journey with running by using the Couch to 5K program. I absolutely LOVE and SWEAR by it!!!
It eases you into running and really makes it do-able. I'm serious, anyone can do this, you just have to stick with the routine. Even when it seems easy, keep on the regimen, they know what they are doing and it's for a reason... to train you!
So this year I have gone through my struggles with running.... Around March I was fighting shin splints REALLY bad. They got so bad that I could barley walk during the day. I think I just pushed myself to far & fast early. Sure enough, I worked through them. If I try to go too fast for too long, my shin splints still bug me. So my moto for myself---- SLOW & STEADY WINS THE PACE!! :)

My goal is to run a 1/2 marathon with my dad this summer & I definitely think I can do it! That's going to be my 2013 New Years Goal. 
It feels so nice to actually set fitness goals that I am able to attain!
I used to always set goals like "no chocolate" or something that is never...going...to...happen. Now I am achieving my dreams!

What are your goals?
You think I can achieve my 2013 goal? :)






No comments:

Post a Comment