Monday, January 30, 2012

Mmm...... Monday



Tonight I made "skinny chicken nuggets" from:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/healthy-baked-chicken-nuggets.html.
I used the same recipe as she has in her blog, except I added two extra chicken breasts, but didn't add any extra ingredients. Turned out really tasty and it is only 6 WW+ for 1/4th of the chicken nuggets.

*4 large chicken breasts, cut into chunks
*2 tsp olive oil
*6 tbsp whole wheat bread crumbs
*2 tbsp panko
*2 tbsp grated fat free parmesan cheese

Dip in oil and then the breading mix.

Cook at 425 degrees for 8-10 min, turn and cook an additional 4-5 minutes and then they're ready!

I also made my favorite afternoon snack, Roasted Spiced Chickpeas. This specific recipe is from wholeliving.com:
http://www.wholeliving.com/130298/roasted-spiced-chickpeas?czone.
Their recipe calls for 1 can of chickpeas, but I also make a double batch.

*2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
*1 tbsp of vegetable oil (I used less)
*any type of seasoning you'd like

Drain and rinse chickpeas, toss in vegetable oil and your seasoning of preference. Cook at 425 degrees for about 30-35 minutes, tossing every once in awhile. Just make sure you cook them until they're crunchy, not mushy, and not burnt. I've done all three ways ;)
One WW+ serving size is 1/2 cup equaling 3 WW+
The recipe I posted made about 1 1/2 cups.
Last, but not least, I made this delicious WW+ butter-finger pie this weekend. It makes about 6 servings and it's 3 WW+ a slice. I generally stay away from desserts because they are empty calories, but my husband and I were really craving something on Sunday, so we decided this would be better than going out for something else! Here is the link to this recipe, enjoy!
http://www.laaloosh.com/2010/06/03/butterfinger-pie-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment