Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Skinny Chicken glazed with peanut sauce.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE peanuts, peanut butter, & best yet, Chicken Pad Thai.
I had five chicken breasts that were going to expire soon, so I threw them in the crock pot last night, sliced up an onion for flavor, covered the chicken breasts with water, added some garlic and cooked on low for 7 hours. By the time I got up this morning they were cooked & ready to go. It's a great way to cook your chicken and have them be ready for a quick and easy week day meal.
I had a bottle of peanut sauce that I had picked up from Target. Normally I would have assumed a peanut sauce was horrible for me, but I decided to look at the label and calculate the weight watcher points. Good news! Only 2 WW+ for 2 tablespoons. I shredded four of the chicken breasts and added 6 tablespoons and heated the meal in the skillet for about 10 or so minutes. You could also just mix it in a bowl and zap it in the microwave. It was so delicious! The four chicken breasts and the peanut sauce made A LOT of food, we're talking probably more than 5 meals. I calculated the whole meal to be 20 points; a mere 4 points per serving..... 4 freakin' points! Talk about a bang for your buck. Just to caution on the safe side, I tracked 5 points for my meal just because it seemed to good to be true. :)


And has anyone spotted these beauties at the store recently? They were originally $7 for this can so Ryan and I passed, but they were on sale for $4 this week at Target, so I gave it a shot. They are so good! There are 10 servings in this can (10? who are they kidding?) and it's 3 WW+ per serving. I will warn you that once you pop, it's hard to stop. Wasn't that a pringles saying at one time? Damn, I'm good. Ha!
Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment