Monday, March 5, 2012

Steamed Broccoli

You may think it's simple and self explanatory to "steam broccoli," right?
Well, not for this chick!
I really like broccoli, but my husband doesn't, so I never make it. Well, when we were at our friends house the other week, she made steamed broccoli and it was so good that I went back for seconds! Needless to say, I called my friend and needed to know how to steam... some.. broccoli!
So for all of you folks who are in the same sad boat as I was... here is a simple way to make a delicious side of broccoli!

Prepare your broccoli by washing them under the water and cutting the stems. Fill a pot with 1/2 to 1 inch of water and boil. Once the water is bowling, add the broccoli and cook until tender. The longer it's cooked, the more tender it will be. I cooked mine about 15 minutes and it was perfect. Add 1 to 2 tbsp of light butter and it's prepared. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment