Tuesday, February 7, 2012

1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4

I did it!!!!!!!!!
4 ... freaking ... miles!!
As I posted yesterday, I ran 3.3 miles and my goal was to run 4 miles this week. Well, after a long day of clinicals, the last thing I wanted to do today was get dressed and head to the club to run. But, as I walked in my house, I saw my "vision board," and immediately set my mind to go running.
I really wanted to reach the 4 mile, so I kept pushing myself.... and finally got to 3 (thought about quitting) and then knocked the crap out of myself and kept on truckin'!
So cheers to 4... freaking... miles. That's an accomplishment for this chick!

Last Monday, my new year's resolution board read "326" miles to reach my goal. Today (a week and 1 day later) it reads:


Yes... you read that correct, 307 miles. 19 miles in 8 days- not too shabby!

Earlier I spoke of a "vision board," which is simply what it says. It's a board of motivational quotes/pictures/sayings that I invision myself to aspire to be.
This is a picture of mine:


And when I initially told my husband about this idea (beginning of January), he of course stated that he wanted one too. So here's a picture of his:

Very motivational? Thought so.

I also made dinner tonight from "Skinnytaste." It's the grilled chicken breast with spinach, fat free mozzarella, and peppers on top. Since it's cold out, I opted to bake the chicken in the oven rather than grill.
Here's the link:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/03/grilled-chicken-with-spinach-and-melted.html

Only 4 WW+ points!


What are some things that you do to help motivate yourself?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's so freaking awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your miles!! That's just awesome. Love your vision board, I use Pinterest for quick inspiration.

    Hey I tagged you today...

    http://thelazyw.blogspot.com/2012/02/sweet-blog-really-aww.html

    Not sure if you like to do things liek this, but it;s just for fun. : ) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete