Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fix it & Forget it Chicken Fajitas


I prepared crock pot chicken fajitas that I will be making later in the week. I found the recipe here.

First you prepare your yummy peppers and onions. I used two yellow, one red, and one onion. Really,you can use whatever and however much you want!
Then you line the bottom of a greased (I sprayed PAM) crock pot with your vegetables.
Then trim 1.5lbs of chicken breast and place on top of the vegetables.
Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth on chicken. Top with spices (recipe calls for chili powder, cumin, and salt.) I only used chili powder, I never put salt in my recipes and I'm not a fan of cumin. Then top with a couple of splashs of lime juice.
If you were cooking it then, you would cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4. When cooked through, shred chicken with two forks and serve with whole wheat tortillas and some fat free fixin's of your liking!
I just put the instructions and date on the crock pot lid and placed it in the fridge for later in the week- it makes those busy week nights a lot easier!

What are your favorite healthy crock pot recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment