Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sizzlin Sunday



Well Well Well- What a "sizzlin" Sunday it's been. Ryan and I woke up early due to me falling asleep not once, but twice, during our movie night at home last night. I swear- movies (at home) and car rides (passenger style, of course) make me fall asleep... every- single- time!

So last time I posted my goal board, I was at 294. That was last Monday- just 6 short days ago. I am down 10 miles! Pretty exciting. I am totally going to achieve this NY goal!

Sometimes, I get upset with myself for running "slower." I run anywhere between 5.0-5.5 the entire run and then I will increase it to 6.0 near the end for 30 sec- 60 sec. intervals. Not too many because it's REALLY hard for me and I get discouraged and I find my legs miraculously wanting to hop right off onto the side of the treadmill. Wonder why that happens? ;) Well, on my vision board that I made for myself, I have a quote that I absolutely love; "dead last finish is greater than did not finish, which trumps, DID NOT START." I love that and it puts into perspective that every single person is at a different level regarding their physical activity and at least I'm doing something.... and really pushing myself at that. Maybe some day I will get to a faster pace, actually, I KNOW someday I will. But, I have to cut myself some slack and remember that I'm doing a great job and I have come a long way from just sitting on the couch!

My sister's boyfriend fixed the dent in my car (SUPER NICE- thank you so much), so I made him a "movie at home" care package. I put some $ in an envelope so he can go rent a couple of movies at the movie store. I hope he likes it!
And after I ran today, I came home and prepared our meals for the week, and of course I made my roasted chickpeas for a healthy snack throughout the week. This time instead of adding the olive oil to the chickpeas, I just rinsed and drained them and baked them for 30 min at 400 degrees. They were even better! I sprinkled a little seasoning on them and they were delicious. They were even more crispy!

I forgot to mention earlier- I went to Target before I went to the gym to run strictly to try on a bikini for motivation. Wow, did that work! Are their bikinis just for teens? My boobs were POPPING out!!!! Sick! Anyways- I ran into this sheet of cheetah duck tape. It was on clearance for $1, so I said why not? Since I broke off my mirror, we duck taped it to secure the wires, but it's boring, grey, duck tape. So what's better than putting some fun cheetah duck tape on it? Hey- I might as well have a little fun with this, right? :)


I'll post the recipes that I prepared today in a separate post.

What do you do to organize your meals for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment