I prepared a new recipe I found off of my Pinterest.
Here's a few pictures of my cooking. If you scroll down, you'll see the recipe.
1.5LBS of cubed sweet potatoes:
Black beans (1/2 mashed into paste like and 1/2 semi- mashed):
Hubby and I not too sure about the quinoa (I've never heard of it before this recipe):
Again, not too sure:
Final product- looks delicious:
Packaged them and put them in the freezer for later in the week (don't mind the Christmas container, ha!):
Dessert I brought over to my parents for after dinner tonight- Chocolate covered strawberries and pretzels:
Here's the recipe (great blog):
- 15oz black beans, drained + rinsed
- 3c cubed sweet tater, cooked with the skin on [~1.5lbs]
- 1/2 of medium onion finely chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2c cooked quinoa
- 6T rolled oats, partially ground
- 2T sunflower seeds
- black pepper
- 1t cumin
- 1t oregano
- 1/4t coriander
- 1t chili powder
- 1T olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 once you finish cooking the quinoa and the potatoes.
- Mash half of the beans in a bowl until paste-like.
- Add in the rest of the beans and give a very light stir/mash to combine.
- In a large bowl, mash the sweet tater. Each cube should be mashed, but you don’t want it creamy.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, oregano, coriander, chili powder, and olive oil, until combined.
- Mix in the onion, garlic, corn, black beans, quinoa, sunflower seeds, and ground oats, until just combined.
- Form into balls, between your hands and flatten into 1/2”-3/4” thick patties. This should make 8 patties.
- Place on a pan lined with parchment paper [or lightly greased pan] and bake on each side for 15min, flipping once, half-way through.
- Remove from oven and serve!
Makes 8 patties. They are 4 WW+ (without the bun).